During winter, it can be easy to get stuck in a fashion rut, when you’re so bundled up in hats and scarves that you can never see your lovely outfits! However, cold weather doesn’t mean you can’t make the most of winter fashion. Winter is a great time to turn to vintage fashion for new inspiration. Staple vintage pieces are both practical and beautiful, and can work wonders to transform your winter wardrobe. Here are a few vintage essentials to complete your winter outfit:
- If you’re getting tired of that same winter coat you wear every day, a 1940s swing coat flatters the waist and creates a cosy yet stylish winter fashion look 1940s swing coats featuring fur collars are especially ideal for wintery days. Not only will you look like you’ve just stepped out of a Christmas card, but this gorgeous 1940s throwback will keep you warm and stylish all day long.
- If you’re not quite ready to invest in a new vintage coat this year, there are plenty others ways to revamp your winter coat. Adding a vintage handbag, such as a 1950s Fendi tooled leather handbag is a great way to accessorise your winter coat. Fendi tooled handbags come in various brown and black patterns and are all made of genuine leather. This means you can also rest assured your possessions will be protected from any unexpected torrential downpours.
- To add some glamour to your outfit, a fox fur wrap is the perfect accompaniment to a vintage party dress or even a swing coat. This classic yet cosy item is ideal for a New Year’s Eve party, or any chilly evening out where you want an extra layer that will compliment your outfit rather than covering it.
- 50s circle skirts are another staple for your winter wardrobe. Who says skirts can’t be a winter fashion item? A lined vintage circle skirt made of a quality material will keep you warm and look great with a variety of tops, shirts, jumpers and coats. Try adding some thick woolly tights to stay extra cosy this winter.
- To frame your face and add a bit of winter sparkle, vintage Christian Dior earrings are a classic and beautiful jewellery range. Whether you prefer pearls or amethysts, studs or drop earrings, there are a wide variety of vintage Christian Dior earrings to choose from. Whichever style you prefer, these designer pieces will immediately add a special something to any outfit.
Hopefully these vintage essentials have given you some winter fashion inspiration. Also don’t forget that vintage clothes can fit in wonderfully with your contemporary items. You most definitely don’t need to ditch your winter fashion favourites in order to pull off a vintage winter look!